Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Who am I?

Hi everyone! My name is Alex Ramirez, the over-worked college student behind this blog. I am a double major in fine art and communication. That being said, I love expressing myself through art and writing; I feel as though blogging will be a great creative outlet as it was fun to design the place where I will frequently craft my thoughts and opinions. 


The layout of this blog does not scream art major, but there is a reason for that. I went with the simple lined paper background and messy font to stick with the theme of “over-worked college student”. Realistically, despite being a perfectionist with my work, I tend to be very messy. This theme is true to me and the overall desired feeling of this blog space. I believe that this is the most logical approach to this space as it is a lifestyle blog, and i want to stay true to the organized-mess that is my life (and brain). 


To go more in depth about myself and to get a better grasp of the atmosphere of this blog, my interests are very basic: running, creating cool art, writing, reading, and traveling when I get the chance. All of these interests (besides travel) consume my life because each of the hobbies listed are a major part of my routine as a student and are forced upon me to do daily. I run everyday because I am an NCAA Division I cross country/track runner. I create new things each day because I am an art major. I read and write in all classes— not just the ones towards my communication degree to get educated. Though I love each of these things, the repetition and requirement to do them daily is draining. As much as I love them, they sometimes prove to be the bane of my existence. There are many more things about the college experience that I could complain about, but I will save those for another post. You’ll just have to stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Blog or Not to Blog?

Blogging over the past few months this semester, has been almost theraputic for me. I have always been the type of person who loves to write...